All prices listed on our website are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and are inclusive of GST (Goods and Services Tax).
The purchase price of each product is the price shown on the website at the time you place your order. The price of a product you order may not correspond to the price of the product in our stores or may change following the placement of your order. We do not provide refunds due to price changes.
We do not price match with competitors.
Any order placed by you via this website is an offer by you to purchase the product or products ordered at the price specified on this website at the time you place your order. We reserve the right to accept or reject your offer for any reason, including but not limited to the unavailability of any products, an error in pricing of any product, an error in the description of any product or any other reason at our discretion.
If we accept an offer placed by you via this website, acceptance results in a binding agreement between you and us for the purchase and supply of those products. The processing of a payment does not constitute acceptance or verification of an order. An order is not accepted until you have received a confirmation of order email.
The privacy of your personal information is afforded the highest level of importance by Peak Sport Australia.
The company is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act) regarding the manner in which we handle your personal information. We will strictly comply with all relevant legislative requirements.
What kinds of personal information do we collect?
The kinds of personal information that we collect and hold may include:
· your contact information, including postal and residential addresses, telephone and facsimile numbers, and email addresses;
· details of any product you purchase from us, or services we supply at your request;
· data relating to your activity on our websites via tracking technologies such as cookies;
· details of any survey responses you provide;
· for job applicants or staff, employment history and educational qualifications;
· your credit card and/or bank account details, only with your prior consent; and
· the IP address from which a transaction originated (in order to prevent fraud).
How do we collect and hold personal information?
We will only collect personal information where it is reasonably necessary to do so for the conduct of our business. Any collection of personal information by us will be fair and lawful and will not be intrusive.
We will collect personal information about you in the following ways:
· if you provide your information by telephone or facsimile;
· if you contact us via email or submit your information through our website;
· if you purchase products from us, or require us to provide services to you;
· if you opt in or participate in any of our social media sites; and/or
· if you participate in any of our promotions, subject to the terms and conditions of that promotion.
If it is reasonable and practical do so, we will collect personal information about you only from you. In the course of operating our business, however, we may collect personal information from third parties such as suppliers, advertisers, mailing lists, recruitment agencies, contractors and business partners.
If we collect personal information about you from a third party we will, where appropriate, request that the third party inform you that we are holding such information, explain how we will use and disclose it, and let you know that you may contact us to gain access to and correct and update the information.
When we collect personal information from you, we will take reasonable steps to notify you or ensure that you are otherwise aware of:
· the Group entity which is collecting your personal information, and its contact details;
· that we have collected your personal information, and whether that collection is required or authorised by law;
· the purposes of collection;
· the consequences if personal information is not collected (such as if this will affect our ability to provide products or services to you);
· the usual situations in which we disclosure personal information of the kind collected;
· whether we are likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients, and if practicable, the relevant countries in which they are located.
How do we hold personal information?
We will hold personal information as either physical records, electronic records on our servers, and in some cases, electronic records on third party servers, which may be located overseas.
We take active steps to hold all hard copy and electronic records of personal information in a secure manner to ensure that they are protected from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We have procedures in place to destroy or de-identify personal information once it is no longer needed for a valid purpose or required to be kept by law.
Purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
In general, staff of the company will collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the purposes of providing or offering goods and services to you. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information about you that we hold is accurate and up-to-date.
By providing us with your personal information, you consent to us using and disclosing your personal information for the following purposes:
·providing you with news and information about our products and services;
·sending you marketing and promotional material that we believe you may be interested in, either from any of our related entities or a third party business which we consider may be of interest to you;
· personalising your experience with our products and services, for example, via connectivity with social media services;
· conducting competitions or promotions on behalf of us and selected third parties; and
· for job applicants, assessing your eligibility for employment within the company.
You may opt out of receiving marketing and promotional material from the company at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer, using the contact details set out at the end of this document.
There may be circumstances in which we are authorised or required by law to use or disclose your personal information. For instance:
· A number of laws require the provision of personal information to third parties, including the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth). The precise information required to be provided will vary depending on the circumstances requiring disclosure of that information.
· We may also use or disclose personal information about you to avoid, lessen or prevent a serious emergency or crime. If we use or disclose personal information about you in those circumstances we will make a written record of such use or disclosure.
We may disclose personal information between our related bodies corporate or to third parties such as our suppliers, organisations that provide us with technical and support services, or our professional advisors, where permitted by the Act.
Any disclosure that is required to be made to any third party will be made primarily for the purpose of providing or offering goods and services to you. If we disclose information to a third party, we generally require that the third party protect your information to the same extent that we do.
How can you access your personal information?
You have a right to request access to your personal information and to request its correction if it is out of date or incorrect.
You may request access or correction at any time by sending a written request to our Privacy Officer, using the contact details set out at the end of this document.
You do not need to provide a reason for your request for access to your personal information. We may charge a small fee for providing access to your personal information if it requires a significant amount of time to locate or collect your information or to present it in an appropriate form. We will not charge you to correct your personal information that we hold in our records.
We will respond to all requests for access to or correction of personal information within a reasonable time.
Please note there may be circumstances in which we are not able to provide you with access to your information, such as where the requested access will have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of others or where we are required by law to withhold the information. If we are unable to provide you with access to your information, or make the amendments which you have requested, we will provide you with reasons for this decision.
We take all complaints seriously, and will respond to you within a reasonable period.
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
See http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a-privacy-complaint for further information.
Cross Border Disclosures of Information
The Group may disclose personal information between its related bodies corporate, where permitted by the Act.
We are not likely to disclose your personal information to overseas recipients.
If we do, we will do so where necessary or useful in the course of operating our business, and only with your express consent or otherwise in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
You consent to us disclosing your personal information to any such overseas recipients for purposes necessary or useful in the course of operating our business, and agree that APP 8.1 will not apply to such disclosures.
If you do not want us to disclose your information to overseas recipients, please let us know.
Where practicable, we will allow you to deal with us anonymously or under a pseudonym. This option will not be available where we are required or authorised by law to deal with individuals who have properly identified themselves, or if we need to verify your identity in order to provide products or services to you. Further, if you choose not to give us personal information that we request from you, we may not be able to provide you with any goods or services you have asked us to supply.
Our Privacy Officer can be contacted as follows:
Peak Sport Australia
P.O. Box 1312 Bendigo 3552